Canterbury farmer claims he was sexually assaulted by taniwha

A dairy farmer from  Canterbury says he was sexually assaulted for two days by “an extremely short bearded dragon” which he says is a taniwha.

In an exclusive interview broadcasted this morning on RTÉ, Malo Luafutu from Christchurch, says he was milking his cows on Saturday when he was hit on the head from behind with a shovel or similar tool.

The attack knocked him out, and when he woke up a few hours later, he had been tied up to a support beam inside his own barn.

The 34-year old farmer says he was repeatedly raped over the next 40 hours by a “waist-high dragon with a red beard and a moko on his face”.

“It wasn’t human! It was short, fiendish and spoke in Maori.”

According to Malo, the “taniwha” raped him more than 20 times over the weekend before leaving for some unknown reason.

“It used me in every possible way over a period of two days, and then it left. A few hours later, I was finally able to free myself from my bonds and call the police.” 

Police officers and paramedics arrived on the site within minutes and found Malo lying in a pool of his own blood.

He was transported to Christchurch Hospital where doctors observed “obvious signs of a violent sexual aggression”.

Christchurch Police confirmed that the national police force had opened an investigation, but insisted that investigators were, at the moment, looking for “human” suspects.

According to the police, the suspect could be a bearded, red-headed midget measuring around 80 centimeters tall.

Image result for maori police

It’s rather improbable that the rapist turns out to be a Taniwha, a type of dragon in Maori folklore usually depicted as little dragons who partake in mischief.

Even so, a surprisingly high number of taniwha sightings and even a few other attacks have reported over recent years across both the north and south island’s of New Zealand.

In April 2015, a Samoan man reported being assaulted and robbed by a pair of “evil-looking taniwhas” armed with knives.

In June 2012, in Timaru, a man who was found covered in blood outside a bar reported being assaulted by “a bunch of taniwha”.

In 2006, a taniwha sighting in Wellington drew large crowds and even forced police intervention.

In all cases, the taniwha’s have yet to be apprehended.

Related posts